Upper Elkhorn NRD Cost Share Program
Domestic Water Quality Program
The purpose of the Domestic Water Quality Program is to provide financial assistance to Domestic well owners whose water for residential use has nitrate-nitrogen levels that exceed 10 ppm. Assistance will be provided for technical assessment and design, and where necessary for well replacement., or water treatment system.
The sign up period for the Domestic Water Quality Program is from December 1st through April 1st of each year. The cost share rate is 50% not to exceed $800 on permanent well construction; or, 50% not to exceed $800 on a water treatment system for the removal of nitrates.
Program requirements include:
* The Upper Elkhorn NRD must sample the well to verify the nitrate
level is is excess of 10 parts per million.
* The well must be the sole source of drinking water for the residence.
* The Upper Elkhorn NRD, cooperator and licensed well driller must design and mutually agree on specific location prior to construction.
* The Cooperator must agree to provide water to occupied residence for a period of 10 years, or return the cost share funds.
* Provide the upper Elkhorn NRD with a copy of all construction costs.
* Properly abandon all unused wells.
For more information or to request an application form contact:
Upper Elkhorn NRD
301 North Harrison Street
O'Neill, NE 68763
Back to the Top
Back to Upper Elkhorn NRD Cost Share Page
Back to Upper Elkhorn NRD Home Page
Copyright 1999 Upper
Elkhorn Natural Resource District
Last updated 08/05/2009
Website by Midwest Internet Designs